From Grant Berry
On Saturday, 23 April, 2022, South Mountain Division (SMD) will present a Mini Convention in Blue Ridge Summit, PA, sponsored by Mainline Hobby Supply. Beginning at 9:00 AM, this free annual outreach programming consists of a morning loaded with informal clinics, including a couple of make-and-take opportunities, and then concludes in the early afternoon with a couple of formal presentations. Both NMRA members and the general public are invited to this no-cost gathering.
- Raffle – $150 Mainline Gift Certificate, Tickets $10ea at tegistration table. Drawing at 1:00 PM.
- Food Truck on site starting at 10:00 AM.
- 20 Different Clinics, 3 Presentations.
- 12:30 – 1:30 Building his Western MD Railroad by Jack Brown, Author of Western MD Passenger & Freight Equipment
- 1:40 – 2:35 Miser’s Guide to Model Railroading by John Pursell, SMD member
- 2:45 – 3:40 What’s Happening on the EBT by Pete Clarke, SMD member
- Brian Greenwalt – Make and Take using a Carolina Craftsman Kit
- David Sweeney – Make and Take using simple plastic kit
- Bill Martz – Make and Take DPM Kit
- Ron Polimeni – Timesaver Switching
- Ron Polimeni – Building Old Style Rolling Stock Craftsman Kits
- Jane Clarke – Scenery from Natural Materials
- Dennis Blank – Lighting a SD-40 with LEDS
- Bob Johnson – Rolling Stock Tuneup
- John Madden – DCC ++
- Ken Mazer – Fast Track Turnouts
- Jeff Adams – Loco Tuneup
- Todd and Brett Wiley – Custom Buildings
- Andrew Dodge – Building a Model Railroad that is Quick, Easy, and with no Mess
- Bill Reynolds – Using Tortoise Switches
- Dottie Caldwell – Painting Hydrocal Buildings
- Bob Morningstar – How to make a Current Keeper
- Alex Polimeni – Model Railroading as Game Design
- Michael Groves – Fiber Optic Lighting
- Jay Beckham – 3D Printing
- Steve Green – Turntable and Other Electronics