WHAT: POTOMAC DIVISION IN-PERSON TECHNICAL CLINIC
CLINICIAN’S: GEORGE MEYRICK AND ERNIE LITTLE, MMR
TOPIC: Using JMRI DecoderPro to program decoders
WHEN: SATURDAY, December 9, 2023
TIME: Start at 9 AM and go until conclusion
WHERE: Jerry’s Hobby Barn – 11552 Hereford Court, Hume, VA 22639. (You may need to use Markam, VA for GPS)
PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED BY Emailing Ernie Little the information requested below at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a technical clinic and due to the its nature, only 8 attendees will be accepted to participate. This clinic will provide the attendees with the knowledge of how to program locomotives using DecoderPro and have questions they have about the program answered.
Attendees should bring an individual locomotive they wish to program, or locomotives they wish to speed match to the session. It is requested that the attendee provide the following information about their locomotive(s) when they register:
1. Locomotive Manufacturer – (Atheran, Prototype 2000, etc.)
2. Type of locomotive (steam or diesel) and Name of locomotive (F3, DL-109, AC4400, etc.)
3. Decoder manufacturer and type of decoder installed. (Digitraxx, DH163, etc.)
4. Other information on the locomotive’s properties. (Assigned functions, etc.)
5. What you want to do with the decoder. (Reset address, change CV values, etc.)
6. Any questions you would like to answered or discuss.
9:00 AM -The session will begin with a one-hour briefing, using power point and live demonstration, to present the DecoderPro application’s abilities which include:
1. Creating a roster of locomotive decoder settings.
2. Reading and writing all locomotive properties such as long and short address, lighting setup, and CV values.
3. Change decoder function mapping.
4. Change or reassign decoder addresses.
5. Speed match multiple locomotives.
6. Make changes to decoder settings such as startup voltage, sound, sound level, and other specific changes.
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM – After the conclusion of the briefing attendees will individually use DecoderPro to program a locomotive on a provided HO and N scale programming and test tracks with the assistance of George Meyrick or Ernie Little, MMR.
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM – LUNCH on site (There will be a $20.00 fee for this clinic to pay for lunch)
1:00 PM – Conclusion (no later than 4 PM) – Continuation of programming efforts.